Recently, I composed a brief survey, asking my website readers to tell me what they like and dislike about my website, and what they’d want to talk about if they had some time to chat with me personally.
I gained valuable insights from the survey, one of which is that many of my readers want me to explore issues at the intersection of Christianity and popular culture. In response to this request, I offered a six-part series entitled, “How to Watch a Movie (An Evangelical Guide).”
In light of the interest readers showed in the series, and in response to readers’ requests to put all of the content in one place so that it can be shared, I offer the six links together:
- Hollywood, America’s Most Influential Seminary
- Hollywood’s Little Stories and the Bible’s Big Story
- The 9 Elements of a Hollywood Storyline
- Deep Thoughts by Chris Farley
- Hollywood’s Answers to Life’s Big Questions
- FAQs about Christianity and the Movies
My hope is that the series will help everyday Christians interpret and evaluate a Hollywood movie’s message and the experience it cultivates.